[postgis-users] Curves in PostGIS : Barnraising

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Nov 14 19:02:12 PST 2006

All,

There appears to be enough latent interest in support for "curvey"
objects in PostGIS, that the time has come for a barn-raising <http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_raising>.  If you want to see curved
features in PostGIS "soon" and you have $2000 or more to contribute
to the process in the next four months please get in touch with me at
<pramsey at refractions.net>.  I will send respondents a short
prospectus of what the curve project will look like.  If I can bundle
enough funding together, we can get this development completed in a
short period of time and be up and running with Curves before April.

Thanks,

Paul