[postgis-users] Hibernate with PostGIS

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Thu Nov 16 07:38:51 PST 2006

Sandeep,

To use JBoss EJB3 with PostGIS I had to write a Hibernate Geometry
Driver, the source code is in PostGIS SVN (LGPL) and there is a tutorial
available here

-
http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?SpatialEJB3

It allows creation and updates through Java, the tutorial walks you
through a simple SOAP example.

I am very interested in using the hibernate lucene annotations
(http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/annotations/reference/en/html/lucene.
html) in conjunction with the Geometry driver to create some sort of
catalog; so that we can do a proper geometry search on PostGIS through
the business layer (not just boxes!) and then seach on metadata with
Lucene.

A couple of people have expressed interest in this hibernate geometry
driver for Java, please give me some feedback on the future direction
you want this to go.

Thanks,

Norman