[postgis-users] PosGis shutdown with request using within

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Mon Oct 2 07:35:10 PDT 2006

Hi, Xavier,

Xavier Mauclaire wrote:

> All thegemetries hhave been tested with the isvalid() function.
> I don't understand why the within operator fails even though geometris are
> valids
> Beside this, the only logs i get is that the postmaster process aws
> terminated by signal 11

OK. So it seems that there's a bug in either PostGIS or GEOS.

Do you have the possibility to update to the newest versions (PostGIS
just released 1.1.3)?

Can you create a self-contained test-case (dump those two geometries)
for within causing the postmaster process to terminate, and for causing
the postmaster process to use 100% CPU?

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org