[postgis-users] Restore data from Mac to Windows fails

Barend K=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=bben kobben at itc.nl
Thu Oct 12 00:27:16 PDT 2006

Thanks Markus & David,

Markus' explanation made me understand the problem, and David's 'trick' of
just adding the .dll under a false name to the Win lib directory worked and
is a quick and easy solution.

It seems to me that the PG people could have made their backup/restore must
more platform independent by adding this trick to their system (just having
the restore look for .so versions if they cannot find the .dll version and
the other way around... Or is it something that only comes up with PostGIS,
in that case postGIS could just install both versions on any platform?

__
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information
Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
ph: +31 (0)53 4874253; fax: +31 (0)53 4874335