[postgis-users] [jdbc][datasource] use postgis through JDBCinSpring

Nicolas Delsaux nicolas.delsaux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:25:38 PDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Norman Barker <nbarker at ittvis.com> wrote:
> Nicolas,
>

> I've already looked at this document, and I'll go deeper in.

>From you document, I already learnt what I was searching for, ie the
driver to be used : org.postgis.DriverWrapper
Using, Spring, i encapsulate it with a dbcp connection pool with nease
and can run a little test.

> <ncb>thanks, feed back your comments - I would appreciate it. </ncb>

I'll send them to your private address.

>> So, do you say that geotools, although not fully complying your needs,
>> provides such a datasource for postgis ?

Well, ... this was a stupid question I asked.

> <ncb>
> I am not a geotools developer (though I have used it, and GeoServer), but by your question I thought you were referring to a J2EE datasource which to me is different from 'just' a JDBC data source. Since with a J2EE data source such as postgis-ds.xml everything is configurable, and we are talking CMP persistence etc.

OK, like with any pool.

--
Nicolas Delsaux
N'imprimez ce mail que si vous ne savez pas le lire sur l'écran : les