[postgis-users] mdb files

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Oct 30 00:40:21 PST 2006

Will Muir wrote:
> Here is a link that may help you.
> http://ogr.maptools.org/drv_pgeo.html

Will,

I'm the author of this HOWTO and generally I do some maintenance of OGR
PGeo driver. If you meet any problems, please feel free to report
them on gdal-dev.

> But I think that it needs mdbtools to work.  Tomorrow I will try and get
> mdbtools to build on my Debian box who knows maybe it will work for me.

Yes, it needs mdbtools as a driver used by unixODBC.
mdbtools package causes most of troubles when working with mdb on Unix.
It's highly unstable and sometimes it's worth to test various
versions of it.

Here you can find more details:

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2006-May/008953.html

Cheers