[postgis-users] PostGIS functionality on non DB types

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Tue Sep 5 14:01:41 PDT 2006

I haven't looked close enough, but are those functions imported by way
of compilation against those libs, or is there an actual code port in
PostGIS?  I'm asking mainly for JTS, as I have compiled PostGIS with the
geos libs.

I guess my main question is, are all the spatial functions in PostGIS
(buffer, distance) derived from building with geos?  Or are there any
which are native in the PostGIS code?

I guess I just want to be sure before jumping on the geos bandwagon (and
start bothering those email lists :)