[postgis-users] RE: RE: PostGIS - hibernate - EJB3

Daniel Martinez dmtz98 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 09:07:50 PDT 2006

Hello,
I implemented Norman's solution and got the same problem, with the column getting defined as 'oid' instead of 'geometry'.
I finally found a fix that worked for me. It's actually very simple. All I do is set a 'columnDefinition' for the field in the EJB entity bean. Like this.

    @Type(type="mycode.ejb.par.GeometryType")
    @Column(name="LOCATION",columnDefinition="geometry")
    public org.postgis.Geometry getPoint() {
        return _point;
    }

I set the 'columnDefinition' to 'geometry', and it seems to work. The column gets created as type 'geometry'.

Hope this helps.

Norman, thanks for your solution!

Daniel