[postgis-users] Compile errors with the latest SVN

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Tue Sep 12 09:21:25 PDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:18:28AM -0600, Bruce Rindahl wrote:
> This might be the problem.  I have:
>
> #define gistentryinit(e, k, r, pg, o, b, l) \
> 	do { (e).key = (k); (e).rel = (r); (e).page = (pg); \
> 	 (e).offset = (o); (e).bytes = (b); (e).leafkey = (l); } while (0)
>
> Note the seven parameters and version 1.52

That's likely the problem.  PostgreSQL 8.2devel changed that macro
a few months ago and PostGIS was updated to handle the new call
signature for USE_VERSION >= 82.  You're apparently using a recent
PostGIS that knows about the change but an old 8.2devel that hasn't
been changed.  If you're going to track PostgreSQL CVS then it's a
good idea to keep it current (and don't use it for anything you
wouldn't want to lose).

> I updated the source via CVS.  Should I just grab an archive and try again?

I'm not sure what you mean by "grab an archive."  If you've updated
your PostgreSQL 8.2devel source then back up any data you need to
keep, build and install the new 8.2devel (it'll require an initdb;
it won't be able to read the old 8.2devel cluster) then try building
PostGIS again.

--
Michael Fuhr