[postgis-users] Compile errors with the latest SVN

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Tue Sep 12 10:24:37 PDT 2006

I found the problem.  Several months ago I checked out the CVS of PostgreSQL
using the directions on:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/sourcecode/
When the shp2pgsql issue came up last week that you fixed (THANKS!!), I
grabbed the latest PostGIS SVN to get the changes.  Before I complied I
updated the CVS from PostgreSQL using the command:
cvs -z3 update -d -P
again from their directions.  It DID NOT get the latest code and I don't
know why.  Only some of the CVS was updated but not all.  I have tried
several times and the update is not getting the latest files.  I even did a
new checkout and none of the new files are being updated.

When I do a new clean checkout in a different directory all the new files
are there and PostGIS compiles with no errors.

Sorry about all the trouble when it seems to be the fault of my CVS.

Bruce Rindahl