[postgis-users] Restore of DB failing

Randy James rjames57 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 11:17:26 PDT 2006

i would try edit the createdb statement that creates template1 in the file created by pg_dump. or delete the database template1 and let it be recreated by  postgis_restore.pl.

  randy

Tim De Chant <dechant at nature.berkeley.edu> wrote:
  I've been working over the past week to move one of my PostGIS
databases from my local machine to a new server and have been running
into a roadblock. The local and server installs are at 1.1.2, and
I've done a pg_dump -Fc to backup the DB and move it to the server.
Once there, I've tried using the postgis_restore.pl script according
the the docs. Each time, I've received the following error:

createdb: database creation failed: ERROR: source database
"template1" is being accessed by other users

We've tried restarting the postmaster with no luck. Does anyone know
what this error means? I can't seem to find any information on it.
Thanks.

Tim

Tim De Chant
University of California, Berkeley
Environmental Science, Policy, and Management
137 Mulford Hall #3114
Berkeley, CA 94720-3114
(510) 643-3910