[postgis-users] Restore of DB failing

Steffen Macke sdteffen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 11:59:15 PDT 2006

Hi Tim,

> running), I think we ran the script with nothing else running, but I
> cannot be positive.  Is this essential to the success of the script?
> Creating a db without postgis_restore.pl does not require me to stop
> instances of psql, et al.  Is this specific to postgis_restore.pl?

This affects only connections to the administrative template1
database. Connections to
other (normal) database are not affected. It's not specific to
postgis_restore.pl but
to creating databases. I think the database creation process requires
an exclusive
lock on template1. Try to create a database with another connection to
template1 open.
You'll get the same error message.

Regards,

Steffen