[postgis-users] Restore of DB failing

Tim De Chant dechant at nature.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 18 11:34:26 PDT 2006

Steffen,
Here's the postgis_restore.pl command I have been using:

  sh /usr/bin/postgis_restore.pl /usr/share/postgresql/contrib/
lwpostgis.sql china_camp ~/gaptest2.dump  > ~/restore.log

running), I think we ran the script with nothing else running, but I
cannot be positive.  Is this essential to the success of the script?
Creating a db without postgis_restore.pl does not require me to stop
instances of psql, et al.  Is this specific to postgis_restore.pl?
Thanks.

Tim

Tim De Chant
     University of California, Berkeley
     Environmental Science, Policy, and Management
     137 Mulford Hall #3114
     Berkeley, CA 94720-3114
     (510) 643-3910