[postgis-users] PostgreSQL/PostGIS vs. Oracle

Steffen Macke sdteffen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 11:20:22 PDT 2006

Sven,

as far as I know, the ORACLE licensing terms forbid you to publish
performance comparisons of ORACLE with other products.

> So at first some background information. I will store about
> 500.000.000 triangles, about 200.000 buildings LoD 2 (CityGML),....
> You can say everything you need for an good citymodell ;)

I've processed 1,000,000 triangles and 50,000 points for interpolation purposes
using PostGIS on a normal PC. Performance was good (1-2 minutes). Maybe you
could describe in little more details what kind of processing you'll
do with the data.

Regards,

Steffen