[postgis-users] Tutorial PostGIS - hibernate - EJB3

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Wed Sep 20 01:40:23 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
Markus Schaber
Sent: 20 September 2006 09:31
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Tutorial PostGIS - hibernate - EJB3

Hi, Norman,

Norman Barker wrote:

> Apologies for its draft nature, hopefully it is of use to somewhere.
If
> someone reading this has administrative
> rights to the wiki could they copy the files off virtual space and put
> them in the wiki (if accepted as a useful document of course!)

> Having discussed this with Markus, the code is available under the
LGPL
> since it is a work that builds off the PostGIS JDBC driver.

We could also put the files into the SVN, and link them from there, as
the svn server is available via http. That has the advantage that people
grabbing the PostGIS source get the EJB3 code in the same run.

Hi Markus,

Please do put the code in SVN, basically I will write the annotations
for EJB3 as the user group require so if you are interested please go
through th e tutorial and give me your feedback - the Geometry
annotation is different to the previous one I posted.  I am back in the
UK now so there won't be such a delay in me doing things when I say I
will!

Primarily I am interested in Catalogs (OSGEO) and WFS because of the
transactional nature of J2EE with PostGIS, if there is anyone from
GeoServer (could we write a LGPL plugin?) who would be interested in
forwarding an opinion please do!!

I like PostGIS a lot (it is fast, and it works on Linux/Windows), and I
was surprised at just how easy it was to do things now with EJB3.

Thanks,

Norman