[postgis-users] creating vmap0 db with ogr2ogr

Sean Grimland skgstyle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 11:55:58 PDT 2006

I am trying to load a VMAP0 dataset into PostGIS using
ogr2ogr from FWTools 1.0.5 (Windows).  I don't
understand why it isn't working and I don't see any
error messages.  Here is the command line I am using.

ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" -a_srs EPSG:4326
"PG:dbname=vmap0 host=mesquite user= password=" -lco
OVERWRITE=yes -lco GEOMETRY_NAME=the_geom -lco
SCHEMA=bnd
gltp:/vrf/J:/EcoData/cadastre/VMAP0/europe_and_north_asia/vmaplv0/eurnasia
-nln polbndl_bnd 'polbndl at bnd(*)_line'

A second question I have is, if I append the North
America dataset to this database, will I need to still
include the switches -lco GEOMETRY_NAME and -nln
polbndl_bnd?

Thanks in advance.

Sean Grimland