[postgis-users] PostGIS Install Failure: make check, lwpostgis.sql, ... errors

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 23:26:50 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 00:16 +0200, Stefan Oberhauser wrote:

(cut)

> I've got stuck with this. I've found some similar threads in the archive
> but I need some additional hints.
> Thank you very much if there is anybody who has an idea what I could try
> to resolve this installation problem.

This is a known issue with older builds of GEOS - see
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-February/014844.html for more information. The easiest way to solve this is to upgrade GEOS to the latest version in the 2.2 branch and rebuild PostGIS; it would be quite handy if the author of the has_arc() function (Mark Leslie?) can commit a fix for non-CAPI GEOS to SVN, otherwise we should clearly document that PostGIS 1.2.x branch requires GEOS 2.2.x. I'll CC Mark and see if he can suggest a suitable fix.

(cuts lots)

> 6) createdb mytestdb: runs without error.
>
> 7) createlang plpqsql mytestdb:

This is just a typo - what you need is: createlang plpgsql mytestdb. But
I'm afraid you'll still need to upgrade GEOS to 2.2.x, then re-configure
and "make install".

Kind regards,

Mark.