[postgis-users] execute 'alter table' won't work

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 07:43:47 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 14:15 +0200, Peter Bange wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>

> Thank you for your quick reply. I already had the 'raise notice' you
> suggested in the code.
> But what I found out now, is that when I drop all the code from 'end
> loop' the code works fine ! So as a work around I have split the
> routine in two parts ...., and that works. But this is rather
> mysterious to me, but maybe clear for you.
>

> Regards, Peter

Hmmm. The one thing I did notice about your code is that all your variable
assignments are wrong - in PL/PGSQL, you need to use := rather than just =

e.g.

strFields := '';
strSep := '';
etc.

So perhaps this means your function is not doing what you think. If you
re-write your stored procedure with the correct variable assignments,
does it start to work correctly?

Kind regards,

Mark.