[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn dimension property

Rob Agar robagar at westnet.com.au
Fri Apr 20 01:56:27 PDT 2007

Gustavo Ces wrote:
>    They are "well know" because they´re based in OGC standards. You can
> read in OGC web page white papers with info about data type, functions,
> services and all stuff. In postgis user manual you can see in all
> functions the reference to the ogc specification and then search in OGC
> white papers.
> "Too much redundance will kill you..." :)

Yep, found them. To be honest, after hunting around the OGC site for
docs, deciphering the names, accepting the licence agreement and finally
downloading the pdf, I was looking for the sign that said "beware of the
leopard".  These people don't exactly make it easy to find.

Thanks all, I'll stop whingeing now and go and read the specs :)

Rob