[postgis-users] Connecting to postgis: localhost <-> dyndns:strange thing

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Apr 24 04:17:43 PDT 2007

This is highly unlikely I'm sure but I thought I would throw it out as a possibility.

You don't happen to have 2 PostgreSQL services running on your computer do you?

 - one possibly listening on ip: 127.0.0.2

and one listening on 192.168.2.2

and you have copies of the same database on both except slightly different.

If you check your postgresql.conf file - and look for listen_addresses it will tell you if it is listening on all Ips or just a specific one.