[postgis-users] Help with pgRouting & PostGIS

Pedro Doria Meunier pdoria at netmadeira.com
Wed Apr 25 07:17:57 PDT 2007

Hey Green,

I have fiddled with this some time ago... (and I also was left scratching my
head for a while :] )

Here’s what I’ve concocted:

Using OpenJump:

There a tool called ‘Planar Graph’ under tools->analysis

(uncheck create faces)

You’re give two layers à one with all the nodes (and their IDs) and the
other with the edges.

The latter gives you the start and end nodes for each segment

Since pgrouting works by setting turning costs for each node
 You just have
to add another field to this layer and set each node’s turning cost
 ;-)

(you could, of course, transfer the attributes from the original layer (such
as labels, names, etc
) to this layer
)

>From this point on it’s a matter of deciding what you want to do under a
programmatical point of view

So you see you don’t have to go nuts with all that unfinished topology
support
 ;-)

HTH,

Pedro Doria Meunier