[postgis-users] Help with pgRouting & PostGIS

Green vgsk04 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 03:15:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have been using PostGIS for a while and it works great for my requirement.
I have roads & streets as shapefile and now, I wanted to a find the shortest
route between locations.

I found pgRouting during the search process. There they talk about topology.
They have suggested to use 3 tools for creating data for pgRouting and I
don't have access to 2 of them. The one that is familiar to me is PostGIS. I
intalled the topology functions and I am struck without any direction. Now
what ?

I request any one of you help me and I would greatly appreciate.

I have shapefiles of roads and how do I create data for pgRouting ?

Thanks
Green