[postgis-users] overall bbox from some polygons

Scott Schulthess scott at topozone.com
Wed Apr 25 07:40:45 PDT 2007

Marko -

Maybe boundary?

-Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
Samson, Marko
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:34 AM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: [postgis-users] overall bbox from some polygons

Hi,

I want to get an overall-bbox of some polygons with a select statement.
With "select envelope(the_geom)from polygontable where oid in (.....)" I
just get the separate geoms of every single polygon. Now I'm looking for
a solution to get the bbox of all these polygons.
Is there a function or other elegant way to get the 'overall envelope'
of some polygons, or do I have to create a little sorting function into
my phpscript

Bye,
Marko