[postgis-users] Create LINESTRING with a LOOP

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 06:36:17 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 08:20 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> So what you're saying is that if I just do a simple:
>
> SELECT geomfromewkt(... <large linestring geometry> ...);
>
> then it will fail using the example in your last email? I'll try this on
> a Windows setup, but it'll have to wait for some spare time later during
> the week.

OK, I've just done a test on WinXP / PostgreSQL 8.2.0 / PostGIS 1.2.1
using the psql.exe console application, and I can perform the above
command and execute your stored procedure with 1000 points without any
problems. I'm afraid you'll need to provide more information, perhaps
post screenshots on a webpage or copy & paste your window output
somewhere for us to help you further.

Kind regards,

Mark.