[postgis-users] Retrieve all tables and views with geometry columns

Boehm, Andreas boehm at rif.fuedo.de
Wed Aug 1 02:42:15 PDT 2007

Hi list,

I would like to list all the geometry columns in a database. So the user
can select the features he or she wants to see. Therefore I need to
retrieve the database's metadata.
With "select * from geometry_columns" I'm able to get a list of all
tables with geometry columns. But I don't get information about the
_views_ with a geometry column.
Do I have to parse the definition text in pg_views? Maybe there is an
easier way...

Thanks
Andreas

P. S. Performance analyze with 250.000.000 points is still pending. I'll
be back if I have further questions or results.