[postgis-users] TopologyException: no outgoing dirEdge found

Andreas Laggner bloediandi at web.de
Wed Aug 8 05:36:10 PDT 2007

Hi,

does someone know what´s behind this Error?
NOTICE: TopologyException: no outgoing dirEdge found
(3.5888e+006,5.82215e+006)
ERROR: GEOS union() threw an error!

I tried the functions Intersection() and Union() with different datasets
from differnet regions (65 to 6000 polygons) in many combinations and i
always get this error (even if the data isvalid and issimple). With
google search i found some hints: Maybe to high precision is the reason
for this???
I want to intersect whole germany with postgis and i did not realize a
small municipality so far! I tried WinXP with PostgreSQL8.1 and Linux
with PostgreSQL8.2 (new installation with highest version of postgis
available).

My SQL statements:
create table intersect_gf2(gid integer) with oids;
select
addgeometrycolumn('','intersect_gf2','the_geom','31467','MULTIPOLYGON',2);
insert into intersect_gf2 select t1.gid,geomunion(t1.the_geom,
t2.the_geom) from gf_veg1 t1, gf_corine t2;
insert into intersect_gf2 select t1.gid,intersection(t1.the_geom,
t2.the_geom) from gf_buk t1, gf_veg2 t2;

hasta luego Andreas