[postgis-users] TopologyException: no outgoing dirEdge found

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Wed Aug 8 06:12:40 PDT 2007

Hi,

* Andreas Laggner <bloediandi at web.de> [070808 14:37]:
> does someone know what??s behind this Error?
> NOTICE: TopologyException: no outgoing dirEdge found
> (3.5888e+006,5.82215e+006)
> ERROR: GEOS union() threw an error!
[..]
> I want to intersect whole germany with postgis and i did not realize a
> small municipality so far! I tried WinXP with PostgreSQL8.1 and Linux
> with PostgreSQL8.2 (new installation with highest version of postgis
> available).

Which version of GEOS are you using? There are significant improvements
regarding the robustness of GEOS in the 3.0 branch. You should test with
the latest release candidate:

http://geos.refractions.net/geos-3.0.0rc4.tar.bz2

Best regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann  |  ++49-541-335 08 30  |  http://www.intevation.de/
Intevation GmbH, Georgstr. 4, 49074 Osnabrück, DE | AG Osnabrück, HR B 18998