[postgis-users] ERROR: new row for relation "x" violates check constraint "enforce_geotype_the_geom"

Andreas Laggner bloediandi at web.de
Thu Aug 9 02:20:36 PDT 2007

Moin PostGisUsers,

i have to delete this constraint in EVERY table i want to write to! I
think that is not normal?! We guess that geotype MULTIPOLYGON causes
this error? Is something wrong with my sql-statements or what can i do
to avoid this error (i think the constraint makes sense, so it is no
solution to delete it manually!?)?

ERROR: new row for relation "intersect_gf2" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_the_geom"
SQL Status:23514

create table intersect_gf2(gid integer) with oids;
select
addgeometrycolumn('','intersect_gf2','the_geom','31467','MULTIPOLYGON',2);
insert into intersect_gf2
    select t1.gid,geomunion(t1.the_geom, t2.the_geom)
    from gf_veg1 t1, gf_veg2 t2;

thanks      Andreas