[postgis-users] srid for NAD83 State Plane Illinois East US Foot

Ryan D. Enos renos at ucla.edu
Mon Aug 13 12:23:29 PDT 2007

Hi,
I'm new to postgis and gis in general.  I see in the text of the email
posted here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2005-May/008226.html

that someone once asked about the srid for files from the city of
Chicago. I am dealing with similar files now and I am having similar
troubles with the lat/long appearing way off when loaded into Postgres.
I have determined that I am pretty sure that the SRID I am using is
incorrect and the previous user was advised to use 102671, which is said
to be the same as 26971 except that it uses the U.S. foot.  However,
when I attempt to transform using this SRID in postres, I get the
following message:
ERROR:  AddToPROJ4SRSCache: Cannot find SRID (102671) in spatial_ref_sys

Is there another SRID that I should be using?

I have searched the spatial_ref_sys table and the closest thing I can
find using U.S. feet is for NAD27.

Thanks.
Ryan