[postgis-users] srid for NAD83 State Plane Illinois East US Foot

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Aug 13 12:45:57 PDT 2007

Ryan D. Enos wrote:
--------------
I have determined that I am pretty sure that the SRID I am using is
incorrect and the previous user was advised to use 102671, which is said
to be the same as 26971 except that it uses the U.S. foot.  However,
when I attempt to transform using this SRID in postres, I get the
following message:
ERROR:  AddToPROJ4SRSCache: Cannot find SRID (102671) in spatial_ref_sys

Is there another SRID that I should be using?

I have searched the spatial_ref_sys table and the closest thing I can
find using U.S. feet is for NAD27.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/102671/

It looks like there is now an output format for "PostGIS spatial_ref_sys
INSERT statement".  I'm not sure if it's what you need, but it might be
worth a look.

Jason