[postgis-users] Help finding information on creating a "Heat Map"

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at propertykey.com
Fri Aug 24 08:57:24 PDT 2007

Woody Woodring wrote:
>  Thanks for the info, but I had looked at theses earlier.  They require that
> I ship the data to them, which is out of the question due to size and
> confidentiality agreements.
>
> I was looking to do the work in-house, more so that I could learn something
> in the process.

It's kind of a simple concept once you figure it out, although I'm not
really familiar with any pre-existing packages specifically for GIS type
of work.  There are a few people that have packages to do heat maps for
click locations on web pages, you could probably adapt that pretty
easily -- especially if you were doing, say, MapServer/PHP mapscript.
For example, http://www.labsmedia.com/clickheat/index.html has PHP
source to do it for web pages, but the heat map generating is in its own
class and can be used separately.

--
Jeff Hoffmann
Head Plate Spinner