[postgis-users] Help finding information on creating a "Heat Map"

Rob Tester robtester at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 09:06:41 PDT 2007

I rolled my own package to do this in a couple of weeks, using Delaunay
triangulation and Voronoi diagrams to do the interpolation between points.
You can get a package at http://www.cgal.org to do the Voronoi and the
triangulation. I also wrote another extension to use a course grid created
by the Voronoi to create contouring of the data as well. You can call the
either function and get an ouput consisting of polys that can then be
shaded.