[postgis-users] drop geometry_columns

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Wed Dec 12 12:14:55 PST 2007

Try this.

SELECT probe_geometry_columns()

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Travis
Kirstine
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:09 PM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: [postgis-users] drop geometry_columns

Hi,
I am new to postgis and mistakenly dropped my geometry_columns table.
Is there anyway to recreate the table (so things work again
Geoserver)? or do I have to reload all my datasets (and add the
table).

CREATE TABLE geometry_columns (
  f_table_catalog    VARRCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
  f_table_schema     VARCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
  f_table_nam        VARCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
  f_geometry_column  VARCHAR(256) NOT NULL,
  coord_dimension    INTEGER NOT NULL,
  srid               INTEGER NOT NULL,
  type               VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL
)