[postgis-users] pg_restore problem - linked to different versions?

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Thu Feb 1 05:40:45 PST 2007

Hi,

I dumped my locally newly created database and wanted to restore on
the server. But I got this message.

pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.10) in file header
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.10) in file header
pg_restore call failed

I guess the problem comes from the fact that:

   the server runs with     PostGres 8.1.0 and PostGIS 1.1.2
   my local machine with PostGres 8.1.2 and PostGIS 1.1.1

Could that be? And what can I do to solve the problem? In the moment
we won't touch our server, as it runs smoothly. And on my local
machine, a Mac, the different packages have been installed via the
prebuild packages from KyngChaos. I am no compiler.... So, not too
keen to re-compile Postgres and Postgis.... But I guess it's what I
have to do, right?

Thanks for any hints...