[postgis-users] Geocoding

Rob Tester robtester at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:29:48 PST 2007

I think that the task of geocoding is fairly easy and I have written a
geocode function that uses PostGIS. However, the problem is where to get the
data. In the U.S. you can use Tiger line data from the census, but it is
horrible inaccurate.  If you have resources you can purchase more accurate
data from other companies like Navteq, or manually correct the census data.

Rob.