[postgis-users] How best to do this?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Feb 3 07:47:39 PST 2007

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 09:25 -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>> snaptogrid might help, it is a crude hammer similar in many ways to the
>> more subtle approaches in GEOS3.
>>
>> Because the C API didn't change between versions, you may be able to
>> simply copy a suitably compiled geos DLL into place, perhaps by
>> stripping one out of the windows downloads. I don't actually know if our
>> windows downloads are using GEOS3 though... hrm. Mark CA?

> All the Windows downloads are currently using GEOS 2.2.3, although more
> people are beginning to ask about GEOS3. If a GEOS3 RC4 comes out that
> would compile cleanly on Win32, I'd consider coming up with some form of
> test installer - the extra usage may help find those tricky last minute
> bugs before release.

Hi Mark,

I have an immediate need to try and test this.

Any chance that you could have GEOS 3 built for WinXP that I could drop
into a system currently running:

"POSTGIS="1.1.3" GEOS="2.2.2-CAPI-1.1.0" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004"
USE_STATS"

"PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC)
3.4.2 (mingw-special)"

It would really help if I didn't have to upgrade to 8.2, but if that is
out of the question I can do the upgrade.

Thanks,
   -Steve