[postgis-users] Need help to load data in PostGIS

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Wed Feb 14 16:37:16 PST 2007

Khalid,

I believe there is a pgsql2shp.exe file in the bin directory of the
PostreSQL install directory.  Google "pgsql2shp.exe" and you will find
directions on how to use the command line utility to import shapes into
the database.  Then use the built in spatial analysis SQL functions to
perform any spatial operation/analysis you need.  I think this is
correct but I'm not the most knowledgeable PostgreSQL user.

Martin Chapman

SANZ Inc.

Software Developer

http://www.earthwhere.com