[postgis-users] JDBC driver compile error

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 07:58:07 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 08:11 -0800, Mike Dvorak wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Upon compilation of the JDBC driver, I'm getting a 4 small, but annoying
> compilation errors.  Does anybody know what I'm missing?  I'm using the
> postgresql jdbc driver "postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar" to compile against
> along with the Java SDK 1.5.  It seems that javac can't find
> "Driver.debug" and "Driver.info".
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Cheers,
> -Mike

Hi Mike,

This is a known issue with PostGIS and the PostgreSQL 8.2 JDBC driver.
I'd say you've got two options: i) download and use the latest
postgresql-8.1.jdbc3.jar file instead and see whether it will talk to
PostgreSQL 8.2/PostGIS, or ii) copy the jdbc directory from the latest
SVN snapshot into your PostGIS source tree, then re-do configure and
make.

Kind regards,

Mark.