[postgis-users] JDBC driver compile error

Mike Dvorak dvorak at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 11 14:47:53 PST 2007

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.  En route to recompiling with your
suggestions, I found the link to the "postgis.jar" on the PostGIS
Download under "JDBC Snapshot".  That seems to be working for now.

Cheers,
-Mike

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 08:11 -0800, Mike Dvorak wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Upon compilation of the JDBC driver, I'm getting a 4 small, but annoying
>> compilation errors.  Does anybody know what I'm missing?  I'm using the
>> postgresql jdbc driver "postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar" to compile against
>> along with the Java SDK 1.5.  It seems that javac can't find
>> "Driver.debug" and "Driver.info".
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Mike
>

> Hi Mike,
>
> This is a known issue with PostGIS and the PostgreSQL 8.2 JDBC driver.
> I'd say you've got two options: i) download and use the latest
> postgresql-8.1.jdbc3.jar file instead and see whether it will talk to
> PostgreSQL 8.2/PostGIS, or ii) copy the jdbc directory from the latest
> SVN snapshot into your PostGIS source tree, then re-do configure and
> make.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

Mike Dvorak
Atmosphere/Energy PhD Student
Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering
Stanford University
Phone: (773) 936-8053