[postgis-users] 1.2.1 Release

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Fri Jan 12 00:13:06 PST 2007

Magic! I have to make a presentation to the suits about the advantages
of OSS. One issue is about speed of development cycles. Now, I have
a nice practical example matching my request for the AsKML function
to a new release 3 days afterwards.

GL

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Bringing all the bug fixes of the last month to you, is the 1.2.1
> release!
>
>   <http://postgis.refractions.net/download>
> The 1.2.1 release of PostGIS is now available. This is a minor bug
> fix release.
>
> * Fix for bug in Within() caused by point-in-polygon performance
> shortcut.
> * Fix for bug in indexes with null on PostgreSQL 8.2.
> * Fix for JTS handling of multi-dimensional data.
> * Fix for GCJ Java support.
> * Fix for JDBC compatibility in PostgreSQL 8.2.
> * New AsKML() function.
> * Better Transform() performance when no transform is actually required!
>
> AsKML and Transform courtesy of Eduin Carrillo.  JDBC work courtesy
> of Markus Schaber, per usual, with an assist from Thomas Marti.  Mark
> Cave-Ayland tracked down the 8.2 null problem.   Mark Leslie cleaned
> up the p-i-p problem in within().

Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Unit: Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 1 TP 267 Ispra 21020 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent the
views of the European Commission