[postgis-users] 1.2.1 Release

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Jan 12 10:25:43 PST 2007

In updating the pkgsrc entry I noticed a few scripts and man pages
that I think were not previously installed:

+bin/mktemplate_gis.sh
+bin/postgis_env.sh
+bin/postgres_lib.sh
+bin/rmtemplate_gis.sh
+man/man1/createdb.postgis.1
+man/man1/mktemplate_gis.1
+man/man1/rmtemplate_gis.1

I'm curious why there's a script with .sh and a symlink; this seems to
be more files than necesary.

> l /usr/pkg/bin/mktemplate_gis*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   27 Jan 12 13:12 /usr/pkg/bin/mktemplate_gis -> /usr/pkg/bin/mktemplate_gis
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  180 Jan 12 13:12 /usr/pkg/bin/mktemplate_gis.sh

I also noticed that the install wrote outside of $prefix in
/etc/default/postfix.  Is this a standard location on Linux?  It would
be nice to use autoconf's sysconfdir for this, or to use
$(prefix)/etc/postgis.conf.