[postgis-users] "Field xx renamed to XX_01"

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 23:40:17 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 08:11 +0100, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Thanks. Indeed, with -k the column-titles are being kept in small
> letters.
>
> But the problem remains: My dbf file shows, for example, the column
> "id" and another "id_01". So all columns are doubled and an "_01"
> added to the column name...
>
> Stef

Hi Stefan,

Unfortunately there is not enough information here for us to find out
what is happening. For example, which version of PostGIS/PostgreSQL are
you using? (SELECT version() / SELECT postgis_full_version() ). Also
you'd need to supply a .sql file containing the definitions for your
table along with 3-4 sample geometries, plus with the resulting DBF file
that is produced.

Kind regards,

Mark.