[postgis-users] "Field xx renamed to XX_01"

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu Jan 18 05:08:20 PST 2007

Some other things to look for

1) Are the fields repeating under 10 characters or over 10 characters.
The pgsql2shp commandline will truncate them and put in _01 etc. if they
are greater than 10 characters because that is invalid length for a dbf
file name.

2)This is just perhaps a silly thought.  Are you using the sql feature
and doing something like

"select *, id, field2, field3 from ..."

The * already includes all the fields and I'm not sure what happens if
you reinclude them.

Anyrate send us the full command you are passing to the pgsql2shp
command line too just so we rule out any obvious misuses.