[postgis-users] can not load library

Danna Wolf Danna.Wolf at noaa.gov
Sat Jan 27 12:52:43 PST 2007

I have just upgraded from PostgreSQL 8.0.2 to 8.2.1 and am trying to
also upgrade PostGIS from 1.1 to 2.1.    When I run lwpostgis.sql I get
the following error:
could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.2":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.2: undefined symbol: has_arc

Could someone please help me out with this??  I used the --with-pgsql
with configure to point to the correct version of Postgresql because it
looks there is still a pg_config in /usr/bin that it outdated as well
and I am not sure how to get rid of it.  I can't find the old
installation of Postgresql anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks.