[postgis-users] Retrieve Line coordinates from geometry.

Broun Uganda tekuganda at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:59:09 PDT 2007

Dear all,Am trying to use the postgis reference to extract coordinates (x & y) for the starting and ending of a line from the_geom to enable me draw points at the starting and ending of that line. Please advise me which function i should use in my trigger function. I want to do something like this: UPDATE points SET the_geom = MakePoint(New.lines.the_geom(s),-1); where (s) refers to start of line geometry & (e) refers to end  of line geometryUPDATE points SET the_geom = MakePoint(New.lines.the_geom(e),-1); ThanksBroun