[postgis-users] Making Polygons

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Fri Jul 6 01:07:23 PDT 2007

Hi all,

    I´m trying to clean a polyline layer, making polygons from them. I maked a buildarea and some of them are now polygons, but others are polygons with "no area". That is, they are narrow polygons enclosing empty areas. I want all the original lineal features to be converted into polygons.. Any alternative way?
    By the way, now i want to discriminate betwen them ( area and closed-spagetties-polygons). I´m thinking about using centroids but not sure how to make it.. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,

Gus