[postgis-users] How to get a java.awt.Polygon from a postgis wkb geometry column?

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Fri Jul 6 09:14:09 PDT 2007

java.awt.Polygon?  It's not very efficient, but you could try to read
the PostGIS geometry as WKB using JTS
(http://www.vividsolutions.com/JTS/JTSHome.htm), then iterate through
the coordinates in the exterior ring, extracting the raw x,y to pass as
an argument to java.awt.Polygon (int[] xpoints, int[] ypoints, int npoints)

This thread has some thoughts to read from a PostGIS database:
http://lists.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-March/014911.html

Hope this helps.
-- Kevin