[postgis-users] Geospatial @ RailsConf Europe 2007

Shoaib Burq shoaib at nomad-labs.com
Thu Jul 19 00:44:46 PDT 2007

Folks,

Sorry about the cross post, but a quick announcement: I have finally
gotten around to collating some of the ideas Andrew, Guilhem, Mikel
and Kashif had discussed at the last FOSS4G'06 into a Ruby/Rails
mapping tutorial. This has lead to Kashif and I giving a tute at the
RailsConf Europe 07 titled "Rails GIS Hacks".

Unfortunately at this stage I might not be able to make it to
FOSS4G'07 in Victoria

Now for the marketing spin:
http://www.railsconfeurope.com/cs/railseurope2007/view/e_sess/14212

So if you are not planning to be at FOSS4G perhaps I will see you in
beautiful Berlin.

Cheers,
Shoaib

PS. The name is obviously inspired by Howard Butler and Sean Gillies
"Python GIS Hacks" from OSGIS'05