[postgis-users] compiling problems - requires PostgreSQL, but it is installed

Kenton Williams kwilliams at penbaymedia.com
Mon Jun 4 06:53:26 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to compile PostGIS on PCLinuxOS.  I have successfully
compiled and installed PostgreSQL and it is operating fine.  I have
obtained the PostGIS source and followed the instructions untarring it
into the PostgreSQL source code /contrib directory, but I cannot even
get ./configure to complete.  I get the error message stating that
PostgreSQL is required.

I'm a little new to all this, so perhaps someone could advise me on what
I'm doing wrong?  It would seem that the PDF documentation may be a
little older than the versions of PostgreSQL and PostGIS that are
available.  Thanks in advance!

--
Kenton Williams
GIS Analyst