[postgis-users] Mapguide and PostGis - Using Filters

Scott, Brian ScottB at talgov.com
Fri Jun 8 10:18:48 PDT 2007

Hello friends -

We have an Enterprise MapGuide installation up and running on top of a Postgres database.  However, we really need to apply filters to layers; and nothing we try seems to work.  From within the Mapguide environment if we ask it to apply a filter to the layer, we get no points back.  We have confidence that the data contains points that match the criteria.  If we remove the filter, the entire layer shows up fine.  We get identical behavior attempting to create layers on the fly via php API calls.  The layer does get created, but applying any filter causes it to return no points.  Null out the filter definition, and the enire layer returns.

Has anyone out there succesfully applied a filter to Postgis data using the Mapguide product?  If so, can you let me in on the secret?  Any insight is appreciated!

brian